Thursday, August 30, 2012

RECIPE: Honey Mustard Brussel Sprouts

I ate delicious roasted brussel sprouts in a hotel in San Antonio a couple of weekends ago. The roasting really took care of the bitterness. I tried something similar here, but cooking the sprouts stove-top and pairing with caramelized onions and a honey-mustard vinaigrette.

Honey Mustard Brussel Sprouts
10 minutes; for two
This variation added sliced carrots with the brussel sprouts,
but I think I might like them better alone with just onion.
10-15 brussel sprouts
honey
olive oil
dijon mustard
balsamic vinegar
1/5 a white onion

  1. Wash the brussel sprouts and chop off the stems. Slice in half along the line-symmetry axis. Chop onions into long, thin pieces.
  2. Lower heat to medium-low and in a generous olive oil place brussel sprouts cut side down. Cover and cook until barely browned at stems. Uncover, add onions, and turn heat on high for about 2 minutes. Taste-test a brussel sprout to see if fully cooked.
  3. In a medium bowl, mix a teaspoon of dijon mustard, a teaspoon of honey, and 2 teaspoons of vinegar. Arrange onions and brussel sprouts on plate. Drizzle with vinaigrette.


No comments:

Post a Comment