I bought these adorable baby radishes at the Harvard Farmer's Market today (sadly the second-to-last farmer's market of the season), and I knew I wanted to use them in a way that retained their beautiful visual appeal and the satisfying crunch of a tender radish.
 |
| Tell me these aren't adorable. You're lying. |
So -- a salad! A friend of mine from Hong Kong told me this summer that "white people add fruit to everything to try and make it taste better" while specifically referring to salad. She wasn't surprised when I told her I add fruit to my salad all the time. I am not ashamed. This was a really great dish, and had a great mix of textures between the radish and almonds, and the apples and lime combine for a slightly sweet, tangy flavor finished with the zing of the mint.
Apple and Radish Mint Salad
10 minutes till happiness, serves 1
1 handful of baby radishes, both ends removed
1/2 apple
1 tablespoon sliced raw almonds
1/4 lime
salt
1 sprig of fresh mint
1/2 teaspoon olive oil (optional)
- Slice the radish into thin rounds and dice the apples into the desired texture and place in bowl.
- Add tablespoon of raw almonds and finely chopped mint.
- Add olive oil, squeeze lime juice, and salt lightly to taste. Toss to mix evenly.
No comments:
Post a Comment