Back in April, Steve was thankfully very persistent in asking for a "fancy grilled cheese" adventure. We had potentially the best thing I have ever eaten that included two slices of bread.
The secret to all this? Memorable, distinctive cheeses, a robust and fresh loaf of bread, and creativity! (Fresh herbs and a bit of cracked pepper doesn't hurt either.) I used multigrain bread from The Biscuit, a local Cambridge bakery. I was actually planning on using a honey whole-wheat before it sold-out, which I think would have been too soft to handle all the things we were loading on these sandwiches! Steve brought the cheese from Trader Joe's, and honestly I can't remember all the names, but the variety was great.
 |
Many varieties of cheese, tomatoes, asparagus, sliced pears. Just throw in whatever you think will taste good! |
 |
| Sauteed portebello mushrooms and onions. |
 |
The pears were a big hit. I'd like to try apples in the future, and maybe even sweet potato. |
 |
| Sliced tomatoes and fresh basil. |
for the lactose intolerant...
ReplyDelete